FIELD OF INTEREST FUND
By creating a Donor Advised Field of Interest Fund, you support a cause or area of interest close to your heart without naming a specific organization.
You identify an area of interest or cause and the foundation researches specific charities that best address the needs within those areas. Grants are then made to organizations where they will have the most impact.
- You can choose to remain involved in the grantmaking process, or you may prefer to leave the entire process up to the foundation.
- The scope your fund addresses can be defined broadly (e.g. medical research) or narrowly (e.g. medical research related to Alzheimer’s Disease).
- You leverage the foundation’s expertise to maximize the effects of your grants.
- The Foundation continues its research and monitors results to ensure grants from your fund remain relevant in the future.
- Grants can be made in your name or anonymously.
Gift Minimum: $25,000 per charitable field of interest.
To discuss your options, please contact a Gift Planner
via email or call
ONE DONOR'S STORY
A woman had been passionately involved in animal welfare causes and organizations. She wanted to ensure an ongoing legacy to this cause.
Her bequest of $3.5 million created a Donor Advised Field of Interest Fund benefiting animal welfare and wildlife preservation. Based on ongoing foundation research, annual grants are made to agencies protecting animals and wildlife. She also took advantage of the foundation's one-time grant option, indicating that her first grant should benefit ministries of the LCMS.