A gift annuity is a simple written agreement that allows you to make a gift of cash and/or securities to InFaith and receive payments for life and a charitable deduction.
- Your gift can be cash or appreciated publicly-traded securities. Minimum gift is $10,000.
- A portion of the payments are typically tax-free.
- If you make a gift of appreciated securities, you will recognize only a portion of the capital gain over a period of time.
- The income payments from gift annuities can begin immediately or be deferred. The minimum age for a gift annuity is typically 50, but it can be lower for deferred gift annuities with payments beginning after age 50.
- The payment you receive is fixed and the amount is based on life expectancy and other factors.
- Payments are backed by the full faith and credit of InFaith.
An 81-year-old woman wanted to increase her income and benefit charity.
She made a gift of $10,000 to create a gift annuity and received a charitable deduction of $4,993.70*. She will receive $730/year for life (7.3%), of which $568 of each annual payment is tax-free for 8.8 years.
At her death, the gift will benefit her church's endowment fund at InFaith.
*Payout rates, charitable deductions and other benefits vary based on a number of factors.