LUTHERAN COMMUNITY FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP
The 2014 application period is closed.
The Scholarship Program
The Lutheran Community Foundation Scholarship Fund was established to benefit Lutheran students who are members of congregations that hold active organizational endowment funds at InFaith Community Foundation. Applicants must be high school graduating seniors seeking undergraduate education at a Lutheran-affiliated college or university. This scholarship program is made possible through an InFaith Field of Interest Fund, a collaborative fund made possible by Foundation donors to serve the Lutheran community. Through these scholarship awards, we hope to provide educational opportunities to individuals who demonstrate financial need, high academic achievement, a commitment to sharing their blessings with the world and planning full-time study at a Lutheran affiliated college or university.
The Foundation is an affiliation-based community foundation that operates nationally. The mission of InFaith Community Foundation is to serve our donors with integrity, as together we change lives and spread joy by sharing our blessings with the world.
To be eligible, a candidate must:
- Be a high school graduating senior and a member of a congregation that holds an active InFaith Organizational Fund;
- Demonstrate financial need and submit a copy of their FAFSA Student Aid Report;
- Plan to attend an accredited Lutheran affiliated college or university. At the time of the award, candidates must be enrolled on a full-time basis, based upon the respective institution's definition of "full-time" status.
- Be in good academic standing with a minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 grading system as confirmed by Foundation receipt of official transcript verifying GPA;
- Submit essays on the topics described on page 4 of application; and
- Ensure receipt of two confidential letters of recommendation, one authored by the candidate's pastor and one authored by a teacher, by the deadline.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The recipient of this scholarship award will be notified by the Foundation. Scholarship awards are sent directly by InFaith Community Foundation to the educational institution where the recipient will attend.
One $5,000 award will be given for the 2014-2015 school year. It is intended that this scholarship award provide financial assistance that is not otherwise covered by available resources or other financial aid to the applicant. Funds may be used to defray expenses for tuition, room and board, books, laboratory expenses, and/or other related educational expenditures.
Selection of Recipients
Scholarship recipients will be determined by a Scholarship Committee established by the Foundation. The Committee will not discriminate in the selection of recipients based on race, sex, age, national origin, disability, ethnicity or veteran's status.
Application Process and Deadline
Students who wish to apply for the scholarship award must complete the application. The application and required attachments must be postmarked no later than May 15, 2014 and sent to:
The InFaith Community Foundation Scholarship Committee
c/o Susan M. Hayes
InFaith Community Foundation
625 Fourth Avenue South, Suite 1500
Minneapolis, MN 55415
The application is available to download.
To share this scholarship with your congregation, download a newsletter and/or bulletin insert available here.
Additional questions about this scholarship program may be directed to Susan Hayes, Director, Community Grants and Services, at the Foundation at 800.365.4172 or by email.
posted by webmaster on Friday, January 28, 2011 - 09:45