INFAITH COMMUNITY FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP
The Scholarship Program
The 2015 application period closed.
The InFaith Community Foundation Scholarship Fund was established to benefit students who are members of churches that hold active organizational endowment funds at InFaith Community Foundation. Applicants must be high school graduating seniors seeking a four-year undergraduate degree at a college or university. This scholarship program is made possible through an InFaith Field of Interest Fund, a collaborative fund made possible by InFaith donors to serve our shared community. Through these scholarship awards, we hope to provide educational opportunities to individuals who demonstrate financial need, high academic achievement, a commitment to sharing their blessings with the world and planning full-time study at an accredited college or university.
InFaith Community Foundation is a national charity with a mission to serve donors, spread joy and change lives. Through InFaith, gifts are tailored to each donor's charitable interests and financial circumstances. InFaith is a proven steward of these gifts, earning top ratings from Charity Navigator for sound fiscal management and GuideStar for transparency and commitment to excellence. Together with donors, InFaith now grants more than $15 million annually to charities serving local, national and global communities. InFaith is located in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
To be eligible, a candidate must:
- Be a high school graduating senior and a member of a church that holds an active InFaith Organizational Fund;
- Demonstrate financial need and submit a copy of their FAFSA Student Aid Report;
- Plan to attend an accredited college or university. At the time of the award, candidates must be enrolled on a full-time basis, based upon the respective institution's definition of "full-time" status, seeking a four-year degree.
- Be in good academic standing with a minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 grading system as confirmed by InFaith with a receipt of official transcript verifying GPA;
- Submit essays on the topics described on page four of application; and
- Ensure receipt of two confidential letters of recommendation, one authored by the candidate's pastor and one authored by a teacher, by the deadline.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The recipient of this scholarship award will be notified by InFaith. Scholarship awards are sent directly by InFaith to the educational institution where the recipient will attend.
One $5,000 award will be given for the 2015 - 2016 school year. It is intended that this scholarship award provide financial assistance that is not otherwise covered by available resources or other financial aid to the applicant. Funds may be used to defray expenses for tuition, room and board, books, laboratory expenses, and/or other related educational expenditures.
Selection of Recipients
Scholarship recipients will be determined by a Scholarship Committee established by InFaith. The Committee will not discriminate in the selection of recipients based on race, sex, age, national origin, disability, ethnicity or veteran's status.
Application Process and Deadline
Students who wish to apply for the scholarship award must complete the application. The application and required attachments must be postmarked no later than May 15, 2015 and sent to:
InFaith Community Foundation Scholarship Committee
InFaith Community Foundation
625 Fourth Avenue South, Suite 1500
Minneapolis, MN 55415
The application is available to download.
To share this scholarship with your church, download a newsletter and/or bulletin insert available here.
Additional questions about this scholarship program may be directed to Rebecca Sauer of InFaith at 800.365.4172 or by email.