BEQUEST TOOL KIT
We are currently in a time when gifts upon death are becoming more and more significant. Research indicates at least $41 trillion in wealth will transfer from the "greatest generation" to baby boomers by 2052 - the largest intergenerational transfer of wealth ever seen. Much of this transfer will include gifts to charities. But only those with a planned giving program today, will benefit from the wealth transfer tomorrow. To receive bequest gifts 20 years from now, we must cultivate and seek those gifts now.
This Bequest Tool Kit is designed to help you grow these planned gifts. (Please contact us if you'd like a printed copy of these materials.)
Sample Language - for bequest and beneficiary documents
The following samples illustrate a sequenced approach to reaching out to potential donors through the mail (right-click to download):
- Opening Letter - Information from pastor or endowment committee chair of congregation, or board chair of your organization
- Follow Up Postcard - Inspires prospects to take action
- Newsletter Article(s) - Informational copy for newsletter articles or bulletin inserts - to run during bequest campaign, or periodically throughout the year
- Letter from VIP Bequest Donor - Asking prospects to join VIP and make a bequest or beneficiary designation.
- Follow Up Postcard #2 - If you've created a bequest/beneficiary designation let us know. If not, it's not too late.
- Return Card - Enclose with letters for prospects to request information or tell you they've made a gift
- Display Ad(s) - A template display ad for newsletter or bulletin
ADDITIONAL PROMOTIONAL MATERIALS
Here are some additional ways to promote bequests and other planned gifts to your endowment, to keep your endowment fund in front of supporters throughout the year:
- Bookmarks - May be placed in hymnals or enclosed in mailing for personal use
- Custom Brochure - To keep in literature rack or enclose with other organizational materials
- LCF Endowment Giving 1-Pager - A great introduction to a variety of planned giving vehicles.
- Website Links - Link your website to planned giving tools on the LCF website