Quarterly Endowment Update - January 2019
Happy New Year from InFaith Community Foundation! Below you’ll find a link to your quarterly statement, a planned giving topic for you to share with your supporters, ideas to grow awareness of your endowment fund and other timely updates as part of InFaith Endowment News, InFaith’s quarterly report to organizations with endowment funds.
Year-end Statement. Your endowment fund’s year-end statement is now available online. If you serve as your organization’s Fund Advisor, click here to log in and access your statement. More about InFaith portfolio investment performance from Cambridge Associates, InFaith’s investment manager will be posted here once available.
If you are not a Fund Advisor and want to review your organization’s statement, please speak to your Fund Advisor for access. Please take a moment to keep your organization’s contact information up-to-date. If there are changes, complete this form and return to InFaith.
Join us on February 20, 2019 for InFaith’s annual investment conference call for endowment funds. We will be joined by our investment advisors at Cambridge Associates who will provide more information on the investment strategies and performance of your endowment fund’s assets.
Making Your Charitable Assets Do More
Wednesday, February 20, 2019
2 p.m. to 2:45 p.m. CST
Dial-in number: (844) 465-5216
We Need Your Feedback. If you haven’t already completed InFaith’s survey for endowment Fund Advisors, please do so by January 28. Your input is invaluable as we seek to better serve you and your endowment fund’s mission. Arundel Street Consulting is collecting and tabulating the results for us. Your information will remain confidential and will not be shared beyond InFaith. Click here to begin the survey.
Planned Giving Opportunity: Charitable Gift Annuities
Your organization’s supporters can make a gift of cash, publicly-traded securities or mutual funds and, in turn, receive a stream of income payments for life. Upon the death of all named to receive income, the remainder of the gift annuity is directed to your endowment fund or their donor advised fund. Consider these benefits:
- Lifetime Income to the Donor. Quarterly payments can begin immediately, at a future specified date, or at a future flexible date. Income payments remain constant, regardless of investment performance.
- Tax Benefits. Donors receive an immediate charitable income tax deduction in the year the gift is made. Unused charitable deductions can be carried over an additional five years. By taking assets out of an estate, donors may reduce the size of their estate and possibly their tax liability.
- Remainder provides charitable support. Upon the donor’s death, the remaining value of the charitable gift annuity is directed to your endowment fund or the specified donor advised fund.
InFaith staff is here to provide charitable giving expertise and help your supporters understand benefits of a charitable gift annuity. Call us at 800-365-4172. Download this PDF on charitable gift annuities.
Charitable Gift Annuity Resources from Endowment Marketing Toolkit
InFaith’s Endowment Marketing Toolkit has a variety of resources available to promote your endowment fund among supporters, including articles, bulletin inserts, social media posts, a marketing calendar and more. As part of the toolkit, there are two resources specifically focused on growing your endowment through charitable gift annuities:
- Customizable gift annuity handout. This handout explains how charitable gift annuities and charitable remainder trusts can be used to support your church's endowment fund. To download the fillable version of this handout, visit the Endowment Marketing Toolkit webpage.
- Newsletter and bulletin inserts that can be used in your programs, bulletins, mailings and more.
Questions? Call 1-800-365-4172. Feel free to forward this to others in your organization who may be interested.