Whether you’re contributing to an existing fund or creating a new donor advised fund, there are several ways to make a gift at InFaith Community Foundation.
You can give online to any charitable fund at InFaith via ACH bank transfer or credit card. Choose a one-time gift or recurring donation to a donor advised fund, organizational endowment, or one of InFaith’s collaborative funds.
Please review and sign your Fund Agreement before making gifts or transferring assets to your charitable fund.
Give By Mail
Return completed form to:
InFaith Community Foundation
600 Portland Avenue South, Suite 5100
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55415
Please make checks payable to "InFaith Community Foundation"
To grow your fund over time each month, consider setting up recurring donations using your bank's bill pay service.
Other Ways to Give
Name InFaith to receive beneficiary proceeds from qualified retirement plans (IRAs or other qualified plans, life insurance and/or annuities):
InFaith Community Foundation, a Minnesota nonprofit corporation (tax ID # 41-1802412).
When we receive the proceeds, they will be allocated to a fund at InFaith per your Fund Agreement. You can designate all or a percentage of your assets, or name InFaith as contingent beneficiary.
Following are sample provisions to insert into your will or living trust. To ensure proper distribution of proceeds to your donor advised fund, please do not name specific benefiting charities in your will or trust. Benefiting charities are listed in your Fund Agreement where you have the flexibility to make changes as needed. Please note these provisions are subject to your attorney’s preferred style and state restrictions.
Specific Bequest: I give to InFaith Community Foundation (tax ID # 41-1802412), a Minnesota nonprofit corporation, [asset or percent of estate to be given], for the benefit of the [insert donor advised fund name].
Residuary Bequest: I give, bequeath and devise all of the rest, residue and remainder of my estate to InFaith Community Foundation (tax ID number: 41-1802412), a Minnesota nonprofit corporation, for the benefit of the [insert donor advised fund name].
Complete the life insurance application/absolute assignment form with the insured as owner and InFaith as beneficiary.
The following information must also be included:
- InFaith Community Foundation Tax ID Number: 41-1802412
- InFaith Community Foundation name and address: 600 Portland Avenue South, Suite 5100, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55415
For more specific guidance and instructions, please contact InFaith.
Note: Qualified Charitable Distributions (QCDs) can only be gifted to non-advised funds. QCDs cannot be gifted to donor advised funds.
If you are 70½ or older, you may create a non-advised charitable fund with gifts of qualified charitable distributions (QCDs) from your IRA. When making this type of gift, you recommend one or more IRS-qualified charities to receive automatic annual grants from your charitable fund, either in perpetuity or for a term of years. If a charity you recommend loses its tax-exempt status, grants will be reallocated among remaining charities. If all charities cease to exist, remaining charitable support is directed to the InFaith Community Fund. When making this type of gift, you do not have advisory capacity over the charitable fund once it is established due to IRS regulations.
- Contact your IRA administrator and request a QCD be sent directly to: InFaith Community Foundation: 600 Portland Ave South, Suite 5100, Minneapolis MN 55415 / Tax ID: 41-1802412.
- Notify InFaith when the distribution request has been made, so we can watch for the check and ensure it’s properly credited to your non-advised fund.
- InFaith will send a gift acknowledgment for the QCD to share with your tax preparer.
- Stock held by a brokerage firm, bank or other financial institution
- Stock held by a company with a transfer agent
- Stock or mutual funds to be transferred from an account at Thrivent
- Stock held in paper certificates
The estimated time to complete your gift is dependent on how it’s held. If you’re unclear about how your stock is held, please call us for assistance with related paperwork (statement and/or report) in hand. While there is typically no cost associated with the transfer of stock or mutual funds to InFaith Community Foundation, there is a nominal fee incurred when InFaith liquidates the transferred assets. These charges are deducted from proceeds of the stock or mutual fund sale/liquidation and do not reduce your charitable deduction.
Our team is here to provide donors, organizations, and their financial advisors with:
- Expert advice on a full range of charitable giving solutions
- In-person visits and presentations with faith-based organizations and prospective donors
- Custom gift illustrations outlining the benefits of proposed gifts such as Charitable Gift Annuities or Charitable Remainder Trusts
- Solutions that address a donor's specific needs and interests
Ben Boline, Greg Shamey, Cindy Aegerter