InFaith Community Foundation
Reports to: Director of Financial Services & Operations
Status: Exempt; Salaried; Full-time
This is a position with InFaith Community Foundation, a national charity with a mission to serve donors, spread joy and change lives.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a letter of interest, a résumé, and a list of three professional references. Email materials to firstname.lastname@example.org
Learn more about InFaith Community Foundation at infaithfound.org
About InFaith Community Foundation:
InFaith Community Foundation (the Foundation) is a national charity with a mission to serve donors, spread joy and change lives. Donors have given more than $1 billion in outright and deferred gifts through the Foundation’s broad range of giving options. These gifts are carefully managed and directed to donor-recommended charities and causes serving our local, national and global community. The Foundation distributes more than $28 million annually in grants and has earned top ratings for sound fiscal management from Charity Navigator, the leading U.S. evaluator of charities.
Working closely with the Foundation’s finance team, the candidate will play a key role in serving existing donors and helping the Foundation reach a growing audience. This position will provide professional accounting work related to the preparation and maintenance of financial records, the audit of financial statements and the preparation of reports. The position requires a full range of responsibilities, the primary of which will be to provide an in-depth knowledge of the financial processes, reporting and its relation to the needs of the Foundation and its donors. Reporting to the Director of Financial Services, the candidate will define or assist in defining of the accounting processes, provide leadership and assist in the management of the Foundation’s financial reporting to assure that the Foundation’s financial objectives are being met. This position requires the ability to manage multiple detailed projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment and will act as both lead and support on a variety of the Foundation processes. The ideal candidate has a deep understanding of the supporting and innovating role of finance in a mission-driven organization and enjoys a work environment that includes both planned work responsibilities and spontaneous projects. The ideal candidate also desires to work independently as well as part of a team framework toward a common philanthropic mission.
Primary responsibilities and duties include:
- Ensure the credibility, transparency, and controls of the Foundation by providing accounting expertise and analysis.
- Take initiative in developing, implementing, maintaining, and supporting all aspects of the finance and accounting functions of the organization.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state and local laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Lead role in the audit process and tax reporting as it relates to trusts and annuities.
- Assist in the administration of large, nationwide charitable remainder trust and charitable gift annuity programs.
- Assist leadership in the development for the long-term and short-term strategic financial strategies.
- Assist gifts area with complex gifts and ensuring that accounting procedures are in place to appropriately track assets and reporting to donors.
- Assist the director of financial services and all other departments with special projects and other duties as required and assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Key Performance Factors and Accountability Measures:
- Demonstrates strong communications skills (oral and written) coupled with experience in technology.
- Performs assigned responsibilities and contributes to a respectful, collaborative work environment.
- Advances the Foundation mission by providing excellent service and a high degree of professionalism to donors, grantees, board, financial representatives and external consultants.
- Demonstrates flexibility and versatility in handling all tasks assigned to him/her.
- Produces work of the highest possible quality.
- Demonstrates initiative, competence and reliability.
- Exhibits accuracy and timeliness in all areas of responsibility and assigned work.
- Works effectively and efficiently in a faced-paced environment, both independent and as part of a team, with minimum supervision.
- Exhibits regular and reliable work attendance.
- Demonstrate an interest and ability to develop new skills and operate in a continuous learning environment by creating an annual plan for professional development.
- Adheres to policies and procedures is demonstrated, especially discretion surrounding confidentiality.
- Plans and organizes work effectively while remaining flexible and adaptable to change.
Qualifications for this position:
- BS in Accounting or finance, CPA highly desirable.
- Strong ability to learn software programs, experience with iPhi Stellar software a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel; experience with pivot tables, macros, and other more advanced functions is highly desirable
- Minimum seven years accounting experience resulting in a senior accounting or financial management role.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results orientation.
- Ability to work on everyday details with an eye towards long-term strategy.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues in a timely manner, recognizing limits of authority and calling upon additional resources when required.
- Confidence and composure to represent the organization externally – on the phone, online and at events.
- There are no extraordinary physical demands or licenses required for this position.