A charitable gift annuity allows donors to make a charitable gift and receive payments for life. They may be set up for one life or two, joint or successive. After the gift annuitant(s)' life, the remainder of the gift annuity will go to the donor's charitable fund, benefiting their recommended charities over time.
GIFTS OF CASH & STOCK
- If the client is giving cash, they may send the check at this time, made payable to InFaith Community Foundation.
- If the client wishes to give stock, include copies of either the stock certificates or the most recent brokerage statement showing the shares they wish to give. InFaith will contact you with specific instructions on how to transfer the securities.
- If at any time you have questions, feel free to contact our charitable gift planners for assistance.
RESOURCES TO SUPPORT YOUR WORK
GIFT ILLUSTRATION REQUEST
Charitable Gift Annuity Rates
CHARITABLE GIFT ANNUITY PRODUCT SHEET
Sample Immediate GA Illustration
TAX & FINANCIAL BENEFITS FOR YOUR CLIENTS
- The annuitant(s) receive fixed payments for life (backed by on the full faith and credit of InFaith);
- The donor receives a charitable income tax deduction in the year of the gift;
- For gifts of cash, the annual charitable deduction limit is 60% (for gifts January 1, 2018 and thereafter) of the donor’s AGI;
- For gifts of long-term appreciated securities, the annual charitable deduction limit is 30% of the donor’s AGI;
- Unused charitable deductions may be carried over an additional five years;
- The donor bypasses a portion of capital gains on gifts of appreciated securities; a portion of the capital gain is recognized over the lifetime of the annuitant; and
- A portion of each gift annuity payment is usually tax-free.
Immediate Gift Annuity
Deferred Gift Annuity